Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Photoshop for Photographers: From Camera Raw Through Advanced Photo Retouching and Processing
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM - Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 9:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, United States
To purchase a ticket for just one or more of the sessions that haven't taken place, click here and choose the right date.
This rapid-paced and thorough evening workshop is aimed for photographers looking to improve and perfect their photographs. It will take place on five consecutive Wednesdays: January 18 & 25, and February 1, 8 & 15 from 6 to 9PM. The class will start by teaching basic Photoshop skills and will build quickly to include advanced editing techniques.
Though it is recommended that you take the complete class-series as sessions will build on previous classes, you can also attend just a single class.For attending the complete class-series, you can purchase it on this Eventbrite site. Students should bring a laptop (either PC or a Mac), a mouse, and their own copy of Photoshop (version CS3, CS4, or CS5).
Session 1 – Getting Started
Wednesday, January 18 from 6-9PM
- Understanding concepts such as file formats, file sizes, lossy editing, color spaces, the histogram, hue, luminosity, and saturation, raster vs. vectors
- Beginning the workflow: Adobe Bridge and editing in Camera Raw – skills that also apply to Adobe Lightroom
- Navigating Photoshop’s complex interface: menus, tools, tool options, panels, and the tabbed interface, and set up a useful workspace
- Using Photoshop’s most useful tools in the tool panel
Session 2 – Using Selection Tools and Layers
Wednesday, January 25 from 6-9PM
- Using Photoshop’s selection tools to control editing
- Working with layers, including text layers and layer effects
- Advanced painting and photo repair using the brush tool
- Creating effects using textured overlays
- Gaussian blur and the less frequently used radial and motion blur filters
Session 3 – Fixing What The Camera Has Captured
Wednesday, February 1st from 6-9PM
- Using Smart Objects to correct picture alignment and perspective
- Using Adjustment Layers for non-destructive editing
- Cleaning up pictures using the clone, patch, and healing tools
- Strategies and tools for sharpening and blurring photos
- Adjusting color balance in Photoshop
- Managing brightness, exposure, contrast, and saturation
- Working with black and white – and using b&w tools to improve color photography
Session 4 – Masking And Finer Control Over Editing
Wednesday, February 8 from 6-9PM
- Using Photoshop’s filters to improve photographs
- Using masks to selectively apply effects and edits to portions of a photo
- Combining gradients, layers, and masks to create visual interest
- Stacking and combining photos (i.e., for night photography)
- Using the History Brush to soften edits and improve photographs
- Creating Actions to simplify repetitive tasks
Session 5 – Tying It All Together And Creating Artistic Effects
Wednesday, February 15 from 6-9PM
- Useful plug-ins that go beyond Photoshop
- Alternative black and white conversion options
- Creating more interesting vignettes
- Making Miniature Planets
- Skin and eye treatment strategies
- Experimenting with lomo photography, the Orton effect, fake Polaroids, and other vintage effects
Please note:the focus of the workshop is on improving still photography.The workshop will not cover topics such as creating graphic logos, 3D editing, website design, and animation.
About your Instructor
Bob Horowitz is a photographer and member of the All City Photography Collective. His interests range from table-top photography to urban scenery – combined with sharp commentary on human foibles. Bob is also a free-lance Photoshop instructor and former trainer at LearnIT! San Francisco. His passion for teaching also extends to photography – where he will happily share his experiences in areas such as shooting at night and the use of wide angle lenses.
When & Where
Classes @ PARISOMA
PARISOMA is a space where ideas meet execution. We believe that the more ideas are realized the better the world will be. We cultivate an experimental environment through COWORKING, EDUCATION and EVENTS.
*Refund Policy: PARISOMA doesn't offer refunds for classes. However, if you can't make it to a class and would like to send someone in your name, just shoot us an e-mail before the class and consider it done!